• In the Spotlight:

How many "real" friends do you have?

By real friends, I mean the ones you like, grew up with, talk to or see all the time, care about, enjoy being with, etc?
I have one...and starting to think of dropping her as well because I can't stand the way she acts and talks in front of my kids and she is very toxic! Only problem is she is my only friend! She's sweet, but a little "ghetto"!
Is it normal to have such few friends? Or none at all? Is it me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• One. Amber. We have been friends for 17 years, since high school. I trust her, I care about her, and she has never done me wrong.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:35 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You sound like me... Too funny considering that facebook to me is fakebook with the phoniest fake friends ever. Your real friends are the ones in person. I have one or two and the rest just waste my time that I need to get things done quick and easy without the bs vents .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have ONE friend I can tell anything to and I know she will understand or at least be empathetic....and vise versa....
    I have a handful of friends that are good company, but can't get too close to because I don't trust them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• hmmm...if all that includes real friends, then just one (my DH), I live pretty far away from most of my best friends from high school, but we do still keep in touch, we just don't hang out very much.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• 5 tops & my dh is included in that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• None right now. When we moved gas was around $4.00 a gallon so we couldn't travel back there as much as we wanted and I eventually lost contact with the two friends I had left from before my kids were born. I'm trying to make real life friends but it's not easy where we are. All my friends are online.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• 6 including my husband
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 11:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• friend that are there for me no matter what that i can have fun with and always talk to....about 12 really close ones
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My husband is the only one I have locally, who meets all the other qualifications.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Not including my SO & family ... I have 2
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2011