• In the Spotlight:

Do you have any food allergies?

zebbiebug

Asked by zebbiebug at 11:37 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It's not the same as an alergy, but I have a food intolerance, a touch intolerance for melons (which is not a problem, because that's easy to avoid) and anything with capsium, meaning hot peppers, like jalapenos or even a little cayenne pepper. The inside of my mouth breaks out into little blisters, and it can give me digestion problems, similar to someone who is lactose intolerant. I have a problem in restaurants when I tell the server this; they usually say, "oh, that's not spicy". It has gotten better lately though, as kitchens are becoming more aware. I now just say I have an allergy and I need to speak to the chef or kitchen manager. My sister has many allergies, the worst being ginger, which will send her to the hospital if she gets even a small amount.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• nope. none at all. neither does my fiance. so we find it odd that our daughter has a couple... =\

r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 11:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't but the kids do.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• no, but a lot of people sure do!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 2:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011