Medical billing and coding

i have been searching for an at home job. but when i look up medical billing it coding it sends me to on line colleges. i dont want a college and i cant get into one untill im maried or 24 . isnt there any classes just for medical billing and coding were i can get sertified ?

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• My sister took classes in that at the local community college, but even after she graduated she couldn't get a job so she ended up having to do something else.

Answer by missanc at 11:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Why can't you get into college until you are married or 24? If you are a single mom, there are tons of grants and programs available to you to help you pay for college.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I know a couple of people have taken the courses and have not been utilize their studies. I would say it is not worth the time or money.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 11:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes there r colleges where u take the course u want to train in without having to take all those others.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Dr offices and Hospitals do not recognize these at home certification courses as a degree or even just as valid certification that you have any knowledge on what you're doing.....I took them years ago and was pretty much laughed at. It's a waste of several hundred dollars.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i cant go to college yet cause 6 months ago when i went to fill out my fasfa they told me my parents could claim me until im 24 or maried well my parents wont give them there info so i cant get on fasfa im going to try again after my son is born and see if things have changed i want to go to school for buissness
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Don't waste your time or money on this medical billing thing.. I did the same thing many years ago and was unable to find a job. As for working at home part, well that is after years of experience in the field.. Many can do the job with on the job training.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Medical offices are moving to Electronic Records Management, or EMR; EMR makes billing and coding effectively obsolete.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Many cities have adult education classes. See what is offered locally near you. But you might be better off taking some computer courses in Word, Excel, Quickbooks, ect.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Bologny, medical billing and coding are not going anywhere, if anything they are getting more responsabillaties like auditing for insurance companies/clients.

Ameriplan(work at home company) uses them to do audits and negotiate prices(really taking out the extra nonsense charges).

As far as doing it from home, you need to have a job first, then maybe you can work at home if your emplyer isinto that.

Its not a real work at home job.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011