Do you think it is partially up to the woman to prevent cheating? adult content

Do you think that if you don't keep your man satisfied, you are asking for trouble? I don't mean giving it to him as much as he pleases but I mean compromising with him and at least giving in some of the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes and it's not about pleasing it's about respecting and SHOWING that respect. The number one reason men cheat according to a book based on an actual study of cheaters is that the w didn't meet his Emotional needs. She didn't show him appreciation for all he does. So stopping the nagging and/or ignoring him would help tremendously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No, I don't.

I think that if a man is unhappy enough to cheat, then he also has the ability to tell the woman that he is unhappy. Or he can just leave the relationship if he is not getting what he needs out of it.

This goes for both man and woman.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Cheating is a morally bankrupt act. You can have problems in your relationship that are the responsibility of both parties, but as soon as one party involves an outside party, he or she has put themselves in the wrong. Be man or woman enough to say, hey, this is not working for me, we did the best we could, I'm interested in someone else, so I'm ending this relationship before I start another. My husband and I both weren't happy for a long time, he cheated, I didn't. He brought someone else into our relationship. Not only was it morally wrong, it was dangerous - he didn't know her very well (she could have been a looney), and he didn't ask for STD testing paperwork, and never said anything to me. That's just low life material that goes beyond problems in a marriage.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Besides, most cheating men I've met were not cheating because their wives weren't giving it to them enough. They were cheating because it was an ego boost. If a man has that attitude towards it, there isn't anything his wife is going to do to prevent it.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Also, a LOT of cheating has nothing to do with lack of sex. It has to do with the thrill of it and for the emotional response they get from the person that they are cheating with.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No, if a guys a cheaters, he's a dbag who wants more than what he is getting at home, regardless of his wife is satisfying him in bed.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:43 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Whatever happened to self control?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• All I can say is, you won't go out to dinner if the cooking is good at home!! That's not to say that cheating is all about sex, but if you're having problems in your marriage, ( financial, family, or whatever they are) it will be easier to cheat. The way some women treat their husbands, it's no surprise that there are problems. Instead of talking things out with their husband, women will trash talk their spouse to anyone and everyone who will listen. Then they wonder why their relationship is in the toilet.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• So cheating is okay if she turns him down? Really, OP? I don't think so. Again talking is what needs to be done. He should ask why she doesn't want to. The complaint I see again and again is the wife doesn't want sex because she is exhausted from taking care of everything. If that is the case he could help out. It's not too much to ask. It's called compromise. If it's something else, the way to get through it is to talk about it. Find the root of the problem. That way it can be worked out. Sorry I just don't see any justification for cheating.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• nope it all on the men and if he wants to or not and same t6hing goes for a women
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 7, 2011