I just started my boys on chewable fish oil vitamins

Does anyone know if they sell plain chewable fish oil vitamins the ones I found have sugar on top Mom's you should read howmuch sugar is in each vitamin.

Honey408

Asked by Honey408 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The sugar is because it would taste NASTY if not for the sugar. Until they can swallow whole, chewables have sugar or sugar substitutes in them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Why r they taking it? They r really young.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Don't know the age of your children, but they sell flavored fish oil that you can add to a drink. My son is picky, but takes it fine. I tasted it and it doesn't taste too bad. Nordic Naturals at Whole Foods is the kind I buy.
    Paula252

Answer by Paula252 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I heard it was good for kids who had ADHD they are 10& 6
    Honey408

Comment by Honey408 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My kids take fish oil and rotate with flax. I would recommend you get one from a whole foods/health food store that is made organically. It's much healthy and won't be coated with sugar. The one Paula252 mentioned is a good one. We use a liquid form from Barleans. THe fish taste lemon and the flax taste like strawberry.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011