What is the best credit card to have for airline travel?

I pay off the credit balance every month to avoid paying intrest. Are there other perks out there that may be better than airline miles (like cash back)?

Suntie

Asked by Suntie at 11:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Not that I know of.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2011

• http://www.creditcardguide.com/airline-frequent-flyer-cards.html?ac=101&uv=33013&gcl
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Also like my B of A card that gets points.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Some of it depends upon what your flying patterns are. Is there one particular airline that you tend to do most of your flying on? Are there certain places that you go the most? Which airlines fly there? If you live near a hub for one of the airlines, it might make the most sense to get one of their cards. If you don't live near a hub, or if your travel plans are really varied, then getting one where you gain points might make more sense. Points can work a little differently than miles, as they somewhat equate to dollars, and you can get a credit of X dollars to the cost of a flight. With a single-airline card, though, you can combine your regular frequent flier miles with those from the card.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My DD has Southwest credit cards and gets free tickets for points.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have one through our bank, USAA, and we can use the points toward either cash back on the card or gift cards to a bunch of different places, including airline travel.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011