Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women plans to lie about address next year?

I babysit occasionally for someone who says she will be putting her house up for sale sometime this summer/spring.

I was happy about that since that gives me a break with watching him and makes it easy for me to "not have to say no" since him moving to that area (where she plans) is a different school he would have to go to (20 min away from where she lives now.

anyhow, she mentioned recently that she plans on "using her same address" when she does move so he can still go to the same middle school--and also so he can continue coming to MY house after school so I can "continue watching him" ...Now the school my daughter goes to is VERY strict about having two proofs of bills in our names which we have to show them EVERY beginning of school year (even if they have been there for years)..I'm not sure how she plans on getting away with that...but it made me upset, since I don't want to watch him next year..and she is planning on breaking the law...I already doubt she will get away with this..but if she does somehow, should I report her when school starts next Fall? I know this sounds wrong, but I also do not want the burden of having him over after school once this year by her keeping the same address (just to keep me as his sitter for her convience) really pisses me off. Opinions?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I think you should just speak up and tell her that you have plans for next year or that you simply are not interested in watching her child after this year. That way she can already be seeking child care for next year. In this situation I feel you just need to be assertive and tell her.

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • Tell her you can't watch him next year.

    Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • Just tell her that you can no longer watch her son when the school year ends.
    As for turning her in, you probably won't have to. Our middle school requires proof of address before school starts.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • Did she see what happened to that woman who just did this? Tell her you can't watch him.

    Answer by EttaMay at 12:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • They are already very picky since the Memphis city schools are very very poor, and the county we live in is really good,..even the area she plans to move to--is still the same county--but on the otherside of the city we live in. But it made me more upset that she plans to still use the same address to "assume I can still watch him for her" after school. I do plan on telling her I can't...just was looking forward to not having to turn her down...then she tries to pull this on me..won't work...just annoyed

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • Just tell her no. Its that simple. And its "woman's" not "women".

    Answer by KWnavywife at 12:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • Be honest and tell her you won't be able to watch her child next year but she has plenty of time to find a new sitter before then. As for her breaking the law, if she moves the post office won't give her the required proof the school needs so don't fret on that.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

  • I think if you don't want to watch him, then grow up and tell her so.
    stay out of the rest of it.
    sounds like you want to report her to get out of watching her kid? just speak up about it!

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011