My SO is never happy anywhere except at home.

.. I mean, at least he's not out every night drinking with friends, but sometimes I want to go out and do things, you know? We used to hang out all the time, and he never had a problem going places. Now, I'm a SAHM, he works during the day, and it's not like I want to go do things ALL the time, maybe one or two nights a week, things that usually don't even involve spending money, but he usually just wants to sit at home and play his stupid computer game. He's CONSTANTLY on his computer game and if I actually do get him out he has an attitude about it, or he complains he's tired. I've talked to him about it and he says he doesn't have a problem going and doing things, to just let him know what I want to do. So I do, but he still acts this way. How can I get through to him??

TinaNichole

Asked by TinaNichole at 10:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• my husabnd plays wow..i do tooo but not that often so i know how you are.
    im a hermit myself but what i have arranged is at least once a week, usually on a weekend, we will either go out for family lunch together or we go for a nice FREE family walk somewhere. get some fresh air, the lil one gets tired out and we get to talk without tv, computer tv. ask him to give up one hour..even just half hour once a week to do a family walk...small steps and build up from their. if he likes games, say "how about we go for a nice family walk then we cn go hit up an arcade! for a few min.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My suggestion would be invite some of your couple friends over for dinner. He may find that he really enjoys it. At the very least, he will have to focus on his guests instead of playing video games. It could grow from there. I know a couple that had a similar situation. He never wanted to go anywhere either. Since we met, he goes out all of the time. His wife says she can't believe it. Some guys are just a little insecure. They are becoming very good friends. We go out with each other at least once a week.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 11:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Just let it go for alttle while with out asking because maybe he is tired from work.
    Then you ask him again hey let's go do something I gave you your space now I want to do something with you or is it ok if I step out by myself and I bet he will be ready in 10 mins.
    I mean if he works hard then that is understandable but when he is off there is no reason not to take anywhere. Maybe he is just a home body.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2008