Dieting or Eating Healthy; Which one works better and why?

MsMiller38

Asked by MsMiller38 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Eating healthy and exercise helps me shed the weight the most.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 12:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think eating healthy works because it's a lifestyle change that you can stay with.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Eating healthy, of course. Dieting usually consists of some cockamamie scheme to cut out a certain part of a diet or to only eat cabbage or grapefruit. My favorite is the atkins diet. Only eat fatty meats and you're sure to lose weight!! Huh??? Eating healthy balanced meals with lots of whole foods and regular exercise is a healthy lifestyle which will not only help in weight loss, but prevent the weight from returning.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'll tell you what... there is only one diet that has ever worked for me, is Nutrisystem.... but I know several women who have lost weight successfully using Weight Watchers.

But don't make the mistake I tend to make when I'm not on a diet.. don't skip meals... Part of it was depression and part of it was I wanted to lose weight and I figured that the less I ate the better... Not true.

At least 3 balanced meals a day. Exercise... even walking is helpful.
    Randomosity2

Answer by Randomosity2 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Exercise with a healthy way of eating is the way to go. A "diet" is temporary....a healthy way of eating is something you follow for LIFE. But healthy eating needs to be with exercise and visa versa for both to have the best effect and outcome.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Eating healthy allows you to make lasting changes that will continue to improve your health over time. When you focus on being healthier vs losing weight (dieting) you may actually be happier with your results.
    JJ Virgin has great books that teach you how to make lasting dietary changes without feeling deprived.
    www.mywellnessgirl.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• dieting is temporary, eating healthy (and less because you CAN overeat healthy foods) is the way to go since if you do it right, you can sustain it for the rest of your life. (meaning you like what you're eating)
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Eating healthy. Diets are just ways for people to sell books (and meal plans, and bad processed food, and bad vitamins, and...)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2011