How did you start your child in a toddler bed?

Im looking to start my son in a toddler bed and so far I have failed, please give me suggestions on what you have tried.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 12:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What have you tried so far ? What I did with mine is roll up a blanket and put it across the opening so if they rolled it seemed like there was something there. We had a convertible crib though for both when they started out so it had the opening in the middle instead of at the end, then we bought actual toddler beds later.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I just put my kids in, period. I didn't take my kids out of their cribs till they could climb out anyways. If my kids got out of their beds, I just picked them up and put them back in
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Um well the only thing I have tried is just putting him in there and because its not all enclosed like his crib he doesnt like it at all, and he doesnt seem to get that its a bed at all. I have left it set up in his room for weeks not so he could get familar with it being in there.
    mitchellb

Comment by mitchellb (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We have a convertable crib so we turned it into a toddler bed just before thanksgiving he was 25 months old
    masonsmommy1008

Answer by masonsmommy1008 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2011