Mid-life crisis?

I am feeling so ... well I don't know. The thing is I am asking my self these questions..

What have you done?
Where are you going?
What is the value of who you are?
I just had a birthday and now I am 48 and I feel like I have done much...

I am in the process (not much) of looking for a job. I am thinking about what I need to do or how I can be useful. I just feel like I am a useless sole who has lost their way.
Is this a mid-life crisis?
Do any of you feel this way?

Any input, advice, or thoughts you have I will really appreciate.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think its normal for people to feel this way, and it could be a mid life crisis of sorts. Im going to be 40 and even though I still have two kids at home I ask myself what I have really done in my life. I know when I look at my adult kids I know the answer. We are moms, we raise our kids, and keep a home. I think thats the best job any of us can have. At the end of our lives who cares if you were a top notch lawyer or CEO at a fortune 500. What does that contribute to society that is better then being a mother?

Answer by gemgem at 12:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Oh how I wish to be a stay at home mother never have been.................You just need to do what makes you happy, dont worry about what you have done cant change that anyways it's the past....look toward the future and do something you wanna do if you have to do something. Smile first of all I don't think anyone is useless unless they want to be, you have a reason for being here, if you are a mother, friend, daughter, sister, you have made footprints somewhere...........Good luck in what you choose but do what you wanna do for you!!!!
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• just think of all the lives you have touched in a positive way.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I think this is more common than we know. It is hard to re-focus. Don't be too hard on yourself. You HAVE probably done more than you realize.
    ThankfullyProud

Answer by ThankfullyProud at 5:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011