Disgusting...

Yesterday morning I ran into my sister in law at the store. I noticed that she had alot of junk in her cart - she had 4 cartons of pop, a bunch of frozen pizza and a bunch of chips and stuff ... I also know that she recently got on food stamps.

So last night when we were at her house watching the game I just felt gross to drinka nd eat stuff that I knew was bought with food stamps... I mean it isnt like I care about people using food stamps ( and I know they need it because my brother in law lost his job) but she actually bought pop and chips with it ! Why are you even aloud to buy that crap with food stamps ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• eye rolling

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• If you really feel that way, and you knew they were hosting/providing all the food, you probably should have called and offered to provide the snacks, knowing they were strapped right now.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think you sound pretty ignorant right now . If you had such a problem with her buying that stuff with theFS why didnt you buy th stuff for her....

Also you obviously know she isnt abusing the system ( you said they need them and obviously if she is able to buy pop and chips with the FS, its aloud) and it shouldnt be anyones buisness why they buy .
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• if it grossed you out so much why did you go over there?.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• HUH? What does it matter if she bought it with food stamps or with cash? its still the same food no matter how you pay for it. I don't see how that could disgust anyone.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 12:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Honestly that should answer a bunch of questions for you. Instead of objecting to buying food for people when they could not afford it they simply went along and did it. 1. A person who knows that FS is their only food for the month will not go spend it and have it to feed everyone else. 2. Only people who are not responsible with their spending habits would do that.

So all in all, its their issue, if they want to wast money providing chips and soda for everyone then thats their issue. Obviously to people who spend their money wisely would not do that.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Well,as long as it is food or non-alcoholic drinks they can get it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Why is it your business what she chooses to buy with her food stamps? It sounds like she was hosting a party you were coming to. You know they are going through a financially difficult time. Did it ever occur to you maybe she wanted to make sure despite their financial woes she could entertain you and anyone else she invited? I mean come on, its completely rude of you to even judge her on something like this. If you didnt like what she bought, then maybe you should have bought some things yourself and helped out.
    Anonymous

• really??? it isn't you so you shouldn't be worried about what she is buying as long as it is food that is all that matters, people shouldn't judge other people cause one day that might just be you in her shoes.. I don't care who buys healthy or buys unhealthy food with PA or not, I only worry about me and mine.. more people should do the same!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Really? Go hide in a closet.
    Anonymous