How does one feel when having a hysterectomy.

I'm considering doing an hysterectomy done. Can I get some opinions. Worry!!

zulma175

Asked by zulma175 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• I am also looking for these answers, but I have read thru many sites that you should weigh your options before you go thru this dramatic change! Is there a specific reason why you want to have it?
    mamasitade3

Answer by mamasitade3 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• well i know for me it was the best thing that ever happened, no more pain, no more periods when we wanted to go somewhere and i was unprepared. it dosent change anything about who you are or you feelings towards your mate. i am glad i had it done!
    yathere

Answer by yathere at 12:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I had a complete hysterectomy 2 years ago. Personally, it was the best decision I ever made. I had suffered from severe endometreosis since I was 16 years old & to get rid of the pain & everything else that goes with that is definitely worth it. Yes, you do experience some changes in yourself afterwards (especially in the beginning while trying to get hormone levels adjusted). But it all depends on the person & the reason for the surgery.
    busysportsmom

Answer by busysportsmom at 1:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

busysportsmom

Answer by busysportsmom at 1:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008