What kinds of food do you feed someone who had their tonsils and adenoids taken out?

My 2 year old son is having his tonsils and adenoids removed tomorrow.

KRISTYLOVE

Asked by KRISTYLOVE at 10:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• cold stuff will help to numb it. ice cream, yogurt, pudding.

Anonymous

• I had mine out when I was *thinks* six or seven. I think. lmao.

My mom has a picture of me sipping on a Yoohoo and looking quite out of it. According to her I lived on popsicles and ice cream and bottles of Yoohoo because those were the only things that would soothe my throat.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• J-E-L-L-O!
    maxandrubysmama

Answer by maxandrubysmama at 10:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My son had is out at 5. It is a very simple process it's all done with lasers now. The first day he ate only popcycles but wanted more. The next day he was up and ready to go wanting to eat everything. We went slow yogart jello broth ect.. I'm sure the dr will tell you no spicy food since he's two you do not have to worry about that. By the third day he was back to school.
    tabbers133

Answer by tabbers133 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Mashed Potatoes,Yogurt, Pudding, Ice Cream, Jelly, Broth, anything liquid and soft...I had mine taken out when I was younger also...
    Jen_Norvell

Answer by Jen_Norvell at 12:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• AVOID SPICY FOODS FOR ABOUT 2MONTHS!!!! Not trying to scare you but....I was 10 and I don't know if the doctor told you but 1 out of 100 people their scar will reopen if its annoyed or something like that my luck I was that ONE person!!!! I'm sure he'll be fine!! but yeah all the food their saying yup thats what I ate! 19 now!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:29 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• you can still give him anything he wants just make sure it isn't spicy my son had both removed and immediately after surgery he was hungry and eating my banana
    sweetlady0409

Answer by sweetlady0409 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2008