question for married ladies...

Did you feel a change in you relationship with your boyfriend after your wedding?
did it get worse or better? does it feel different being a wife or is it the same as being a girlfriend?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• We felt more of a solid commitment to each other. Some people say "oh its just a piece of paper" but to us its more then that. It has shows the world we intend to be together forever. Its a lot harder to walk away when you have that "piece of paper".
    Anonymous

• It was way better. More connected. And we lived together for 4 yrs before.
    Anonymous

• it got worse
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• For me it was definatly differen. When you're married if you plan on living traditionally. They're just certain obligations that you expect from one another. Especially when children come on the scene. I won't say it gets better or worse. But the relationship changes and you rely more on trust and respect than the physical.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• it is very different, first year is the hardest.

you get comfortable..and sometimes you do miss the heart thumping passion and shyness...but their are ways to vibe that back up again. its not always fun..it is WORK sometimes, it is sacrifice and dedication. but it pays off
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Its different..Not bad but things changed.. i dont get flowers anymore, hugs or kissed when he leaves the room or the house.. i miss the old us but we are happy..
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Nothing much changed for us when we got married. We lived together before we got married, and have been married for 4 years. I still get flowers hugs, kisses, and calls just to say he loves me. I think it depends on the couple as to how things change after they get married.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• it got worse

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I've been re-married to my second husband for 5 1/2 years. I have to say our relationship got much better over time. We do work at it because we both had failed first marriages.

After I married my first husband, he got really, really mean on our honeymoon and that was a constant until we divorced.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• different, better, and a lot harder. my DH & i had been dating for 4 years & had never lived together so we were REALLY ready to get married. but it was hard to get use to his mannerisms & the way he lived (slob haha). also, the fact that you cant just break up w/ him makes it a LOT more work haha. but its SO very much worth it!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2008