For those of you who had twins...

I was just wondering what you put them in to sleep in. BF and I are talking about TTC and we both want twins (I know this is out of our hands and in the higher powers) but I was just thinking... there is not much space in our bedroom for one crib and certainly not two cribs. And the bedroom the baby/babies would be in is at the other end of the house with our other two children. So I was just wondering how you handled sleeping arrangements.

Did you buy two bassinets? A playpen? or just put the twins in one crib in the room with you?

Proud_Mommy05

Asked by Proud_Mommy05 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• My twins slept in our room in a pack & play with a full bassinet top for about 3 1/2 months. After that they moved to a room with two cribs.  Some twins do share a crib, but by 4 months mine moved around too much and woke each other up. 

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• The twins shared a crib until they started moving around too much, around 3 mos. old, and waking each other up. Then it was to two full sized cribs. They usually cannot share a crib for to long for YOUR sanity.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Thanks ladies! We really want twins! I have had two pregnancies and loved being preggo both times and I know the risks are higher when carrying multiples but I think it would be really cool.

Do you all have same sex twins or boy/girl twins?
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• same sex twins. had them in a room to share in their own cribs. Being prego with multiples and highers is a high risk and there are many factors that come with having twins, my pregnancy was natural. no hormones takens or whatever. and natural pregnancy. could be in surgery room for possible c=section.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 8:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2011