would you commit murder

lets say someone braeks into my house and is going to hurt my family, i would not hesitate for a second to kill them and being i used to be military, i think mentally ive been trained to handle it. but to someone more religious than me etc. would you think i was going to hell for that? now i would never go out and just attack someone lol, i hate violence. but in a situation like that, i would most definitely protect my family and i dont mean ohh ill stab him in the foot..i wuldnt take chances. i would ensure i killed him. do you think biblically...this would condemn me? does the fact i know in my mind i could handle doing that make me a bad person hah. i dont really think it does but curious someone else's opinion, this is spawned from a post i just read

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• In the circumstances that you just described... that is not murder.. that is protecting and defending your home. I would do the same thing for the protection of my family.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• wait, how could that not be murder but abortion is? especially if it's done to save the mom's life? isn't that SELF DEFENSE?

No, I don't think you're a murderer, OP.
    Anonymous

• i read a story once ..it was from awhile ago..about a family that had their child taken, and they were told to renounce god or they would murder their son....and they wouldnt, so their son was murdered....this book was about the dedication ppl have to god and praising them...in my mind i went omfg...wtf is your problem. you let someone murder your kids? i mean hell i would of been like "god im sorry i have to lie to get my kid back please forgive me" an dunder the circumstances...i think he might of understood lol. i would give up everything and anything, including my soul for my kid. i just dont understand how someone can sacrifice their child. yea i know in the bible that one dude was going to...i guess he's better than me
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• '"especially if it's done to save the mom's life? isn't that SELF DEFENSE?" good oint in a way.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Pot-stirring Anon. That's your new name. Get used to it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Who says abortion to save a mothers life is murder? I do consider abortion murder but not in that instance.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• If someone breaks in you kill that MF before he kills your family- No Brainer!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• someone told me before , just restrain them...yea sure, and if he gets out? i wouldnt take that chance cause god knows if he did get out and hurt my child i would probably torture the shit out of him...and that might deem me a lil "bad"
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• your all going to hell. ;) joking, joking
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• To answer the question, no. That's not murder.

As for abortion, I'd say that's more "self-preservation" than "self-defense".
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2008