convertable car seat

my step mom ordered me on i belive it is 5-40 pounds but have any of you actually used this kind of car seat for a younger baby? it concers me because a baby cant really lay in it

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should be able to mount it so that your baby is in the right position... go to the fire department and have their certified car seat tech install it correctly for you!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It is wonderful!! Plus, saves the money on having to buy a front facing when they are 20 lbs. The fire department will be able to install it correctly for you, and it won't cost you a thing! Plus, they show you how to properly install it. They make sure you are educated.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 1:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Agreed, if it says they can ride in it, they can. Just go to someone that has knowledge on how to install it for an infant. You might check with the hospitals too :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 1:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It recliners so your intact can "lay" in it. We have the evenflo symphony convertible which is 5-100lbs. (it's a booster too) we didn't use it when the were infants, only once they grew out of their infant seats. But I know you can use them as infants.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ok my son has a britex one but we didnt put him in it until about 6 months old. this one is a eddie bauher 3 in 1
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We always used Britax convertibles from the very beginning. You install them and use the tether strap and anchor to get the right angle.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We brought DD home from the hosputal in one and at 2 she can still use it. We never had an "infant" seat for her. When installed rear facing for an infant they do recline some. I highly recommend them!
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 1:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i was just wandering it will get used either way at one point of time and i also looked it up on the target website and it is 5-100 pounds so it should be her only carseat im hoping
    djsmommy13

Comment by djsmommy13 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i just followed the guidelines and that worked for us
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Just be careful that the straps are below the babies shoulder's for rear facing. When I switched my son to a convertible seat at 6 months and had it inspected they told me he was too small for the seat because the straps even at their lowest setting were above his shoulders. He was a tall 6 month old too, which is why I was moving him to a convertible in the first place. This was a seat that supposedly fit 5 lbs 19 inch long babies.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011