al most 38 weeks

she hasnt started to move into my pelvis and the doctor said that my cervix was soft but when i was checked last night they told me that my cervix was barely a finger tip and they want to check me at every doctors appointment and im tired of it im not even dialating and it hurts when they check me

mckowntasha

Asked by mckowntasha at 10:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what's your question?

#1 you are only 38 weeks. EDD are just an estimate.

#2 it's normal procedure to check at every visit at this stage.

#3 just because you aren't dilated today doesn't mean you won't be at the next visit. It takes time! you don't just go from 0-10 cm in an hour. (OK some do but it's rare!)
    Anonymous

• i hate those check up.. i always would bleen all day after.. sorry!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• they have been having me try to do things like cleaning out my bowls and things to help her move into my pelvis and nothing has worked.and my next appointment is wednesday and i was just checked last nght because i was leaking some fluid.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 10:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Get a yoga ball and bounce on that, it will help baby to engage and drop into your pelvis. Start walking too, but remember you can easily go 40-42 weeks. My oldest didnt drop till I was 40 weeks and I had him at 41 weeks.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2008