Useless

What is the most useless thing some one told you, you had to have for your baby?

Emilypit

Asked by Emilypit at 1:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Changing table. I think it was used maybe 5 times. I either laid our ds in our bed, or we were downstairs and used the one on the pack and play. Luckily we got one that was also a dresser, so it wasn't a total waste of money.
    And a bottle warmer. Sure, they are nice but take so long to heat it up, and unless you know your Childs schedule, your going to have to pacify them for a good 5 minutes..
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i agree with the bottle warmer.. just heat up a pot of water on the stove its faster and also those baby robes.. what baby lounges around in a robe after bath time.. what are they hugh hefner
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• amen to both of those lol. i got a bottle warmer as a gift and i bought the changing pad, never used either one even once. changing tables are only usefull i think if you have a 2 story house or take care of multiple young kids at once
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 1:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Bottle warmer. My son never like it warm. Always had to be at least room temp. or colder. Plus, it took FOREVER to warm up bottles, and often burnt the bottoms if I didn't put in the exact amount of water.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I wasn't told I needed these, but I see them as pointless. Baby Bathrobes and Infant Wash Cloths. They grow out of the robes too quickly, so I found it easier to just wrap them in an adult towel. I always dressed them right after a bath, so I found it pointless to wrap them all up in a robe. The wash cloths are soo thin and don't actually do a good job. They are hard to hold onto and really don't have a point in the bathroom. There are some Carter cloths that are thicker that I do like, but I just ended up using regular adult wash cloths on my kids.

A wipes warmer. Recieved one from a friend, but never used it.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It's been a while but the biggest 'offenders' are still fresh in my memory. LOL! Friends swore I'd need some of those infant sleep positioners that keep infants in place in the crib - waste of money for whoever gave it to us. :) Wipes warmer - waste. Baby Einstein videos - waste. My kids hated them and we never really used them to start. Changing table - I never bought / got one. We had been told we'd regret it. Nope. :)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• bottle warmer..
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 2:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• wash clothes changing tables diaper genie. my hubby took them right out
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• wipe warmer!! a pacifier!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• A Boppy. I used it maybe three times. I preferred an old pillow folded in half.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011