how do i get my baby to fall asleep?

My baby girl is almost six months old. She hates to nap, when she does nap, it is only for 20 minutes at a time. In addition to that, we've had problems with her sleeping at night. She use to only sleep in her swing/car seat, but now she sleeps in her crib, but on an incline wedge. She has gas which causes her pain, Mylicon is our friend. It's not a help to let her CIO because she is happy at night.... I can hear her cooing in her crib all night long. The other night, we went to bed at 6am! I can't let her play in her crib while I sleep because I worry. She has torticollis and can roll from her back to her belly, but cannot roll from her belly to her back. Since her neck muscles are weak, when she is on her belly, she tires easily and will plant her face down into her mattress. Any tips on making a baby sleepy? I've read lots of baby sleep books, but none helped.

rachelsmommy78

Asked by rachelsmommy78 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• check with your pediatrician, but there is a new product that may help called the magicsleepsuit. Helps the baby sleep better and helps keep them on their back
    Anonymous

• I don't understand. If she's content in her bed, why the worry? Infants get the sleep they need. They really do know what they need.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• You shouldn't worry, if she can raise her head, she should be fine at night if she's content in her crib, but rolls to her stomach. Try some Classical music, it's supposed to be soothing and hasn't failed me yet.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 12:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• A friend of mine has a crib sheet that I've never seen before her's. It has a little piece of cloth that attaches to the sheet. Kind of like a seat belt. It keeps the baby from rolling onto her belly. That might be an option to look into to keep your baby from rolling to her belly and you some peace of mind so you can sleep.
    As for making a baby sleepy, try taking her for a walk before bed time. Sometimes the fresh air can make them sleepy.
    Hope you find something that works for you.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2008