Why do they have to make the glucola drink so gross?

I have to take the test today, and I'm not looking forward to the sicky sweet stuff(this is baby #2, I remember it from last time..). Anyone else have to drink the orange drink recently?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 1:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its to check for gestational diabeties
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• im on my 3rd and im gonna have to drink it in a few weeks... its disgusting....
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Haha, I know WHY I have to drink it..I just don't know why it has to be so gross. Why can't they just put it in a capsul, or tablet or something? It tastes like super sweet flat orange soda. Eww.
    BisketLiss

Comment by BisketLiss (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It's just the insane amount of sugar in the drink.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It's just a really concentrated amount of glucose....no real way to make that taste good. It's the only good thing about being a type 2 diabetic, I don't have to take that drink to see if I have what I already know I have, lol.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I know right! Yuck. I'm not even a fan of orange soda so I have to choke it down and try to keep it down. Wish it came with other flavors or something. Even a little carbonation would be nice =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• piwife you're stupid for thinking you're smart for knowing that seeing as everyone knows that
    Anonymous

• oh i thought it had to do with checking for down syndrome and stuff i havent had to take it yet at how many months do you do it
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• i have to drink it sometime this week and i just happen to be sick but i wish it was still the one hour test not the 2 hour they changed it to so not looking forward to it ewwww
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Ours is A Fruit Punch drink.
    They can't add too many addatives or flavorings to the drink. If they did it may throw off the results of the test from the different ingredients. They have to keep it as close to sugar water as they can to get an accurate test.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011