So you think it is ok for a 2 year old to calle a cup, waterbottle, or sippy cup....

a baba? My two year old calls anything you can drink from a baba. I gently remind her of the true name of the item but I guess my question is if it is normal and if you think it is ok.

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 1:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• shes still little.... just keep correcting her gently and shell get it soon enough
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• its normal just remind her what it really is :)
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 1:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yeah i think it's perfectly normal. kinda like my daughter calling every liquid juice
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 1:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• She is still little, I think that if you keep gently 'reminding' her of the right name she will catch on and eventually call them by the proper name.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Don't worry, and don't correct. Just model.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My kids always called theirs a bob. Even now at 3 and 4.5 they still sometimes call it that. I don't think it is a big deal. You should keep calling it by the correct name and she will catch on. I wouldn't make it an issue and keep reminding her, I would just use the correct name and she will too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No worries...just call it the correct name. Don't tell her she is wrong. Just say the correct name
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• They use the word that they feel comfortable with using. A word that's either familiar to them or easy for them to say. It's important that you're encouraging her to say the proper name for it, but it won't harm her to say "Babba" instead of another name. Just keep encouraging her and eventually she'll come around to saying the proper name.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2011