Did you report welfare fraud? Did they follow up with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• No I have never reported a welfare fraud. Mainly because I don't have any concrete proof that the person has committed fraud. Anything I know would be 'heresay' and the person involved would accuse me of lying (to cover her ass).
    Anonymous

• Why would they follow up with you? Once reported it's their job to verify not your's.
    Anonymous

• Some states allow you to report it online. You can create a fake email address to do that.
    Anonymous

• I have only once, and the worker told me she could honestly care less... I had actual proof, and she told me that in most cases they never even follow up.

I had been living on my own since I was 16, had a job, and paying my own rent far away from my mom, and she continued to collect welfare! They made it clear that unless I became pregnant, and collected on a case for myself, that they did not care. I was furious that they allow this kind of abuse... and it became clear why I saw her neighbors strung out on drugs, but in the end it is children that suffer because case workers simply do not care.
    Anonymous

• My MIL has reported her own daughter because she was still receiving her food stamp amount based on having 3 children even after my MIL went to court and was awarded primary custody of the 3 children. They did follow up with a phone call to the family courts for documentation and then a home visit to my SIL's to see if the children (infant and toddler would be in the home had she had custody) were home.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have actually and they did follow up even went to take pics of the person at work.
    Anonymous