my son pees every 15 mins

And we are worried about it , but the Doctors say the test they need to run to see is very painfun for andrew i am not sure what to do ... he is almost 3 and wants to go potty. can anyone help?

andrewsmommy123

Asked by andrewsmommy123 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What kind of test do they want to do?
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Hi:

I would get a second opinion. He may just have a bladder infection. It can easily be remedied by antibiotics or with health food supplements (Cranberry pills and Acidopolus).
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 10:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• not sure my mother in law took him while i was at work
    andrewsmommy123

Answer by andrewsmommy123 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My son was like that for a long time, especially right after he was potty trained. He's gotten a lot better about it now. (He's been potty trained for almost a year) Maybe you could take him to get a second opinion just to be sure.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My son was peeing a lot that's why I asked. They wanted to test his urine, so they put a catheter (spelling??) to make sure they got a good sample. That is the only thing I can think of that MIGHT be painful. But it's really not painful just uncomfortable. My son hated it, but as soon as they were done and took it out he was perfectly fine.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• When my three year old complained of his squishy hurting{penis}. He was 2 at the time and they put a catheter up his squishy. It is a very uncomfortable test BUT they can get a good urine catch to make sure that he doesn't have a UTI. I was told by my pediatrician that it is rare for boys to have bladder infections. If his catch was positive then we would have to see an Urologist. To do several more tests.

You may want him to go through this test to rule out any bl;adder infections AND I would also check his sugar levels in his blood. Make a point to ask your doc about a poosible blood test as well. Or the blood glucose test for him. To rule out diabetes.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:11 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would also check to see if he is possible diabetic.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My oldest is 5 1/2 and goes constantly as well and this was also a concern of ours. I've just been trying to keep an eye on how much he drinks and how often he goes to see if it has anything to do with too much sugar or fluid altogether. If it continues, we're taking him in.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I am really cauoius with his sugar intake cause of me and his father being Add and adhd, but the he nurses a sippy cup all day. so i am sure that isn't the problem we have an apointment to take him for a well check so i am taking him into the dr soon thank all
    andrewsmommy123

Answer by andrewsmommy123 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2008