A What Would You Do question!!

I just go off the phone with a friend of mine in CA, and I have to say I can not believe this type of stuff sill happens. My friend and her sister rent an apartment together, they said lately they have been missing some clothes, especially undies. They thought someone stole them when they were at the laundromat, but last night when they came home, they found the neighbors son in their house. He apparently came in through the kitchen window. They made him leave and called the cops, when the cops got there they checked the neighbors son's room and found some ladies undies in a backpack, they took it over to my friends home and she identified them as being hers and her sisters. OMG how creepy. After all this she did not press charges. Is she kidding me. I asked her why and she said because he is only 14. I don't think I would be able to be as forgiving as her, but in this situation what would you do??

TamikaJovan

Asked by TamikaJovan at 2:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Ew...I don't know. At the very least I'd be having a talk with the parents, teen, and police all at once.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Wow*~... think this can happen just about anywhere... and *Eewww*
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Sounds like he has a big fetish. Gross.

I would definitely be having a talk with his parents.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Only 14??? Hopefully this police visit scared the crap out of him, because this is where it can go bad and go bad fast.
    Anonymous

• WOW..he's only 14 and he's doing something like that? That is very creepy and I would say theres a big problem waiting to happen right there.I hope his parents are going to do something about it. I think if I were to talk to the parents and they were decent people and they seemed really concerned about what thier son is doing and they are going to try to get him some help, I wouldnt press charges but if they seemed like they could care less...I think I would press charges..at least he'd get SOME kind of intervention that way.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yep, he has some issuses, I think she did right thing though.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 2:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Get better locks for my windows and make sure I had good blinds.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 2:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• there was a kid that did that to me when i was in high school - so prob 14/15 years old.... a little different though. he would come over and when i wasn't in the room he would to though my stuff and take my undies.... it took me a long time to figure it out. he wasn't a boyfriend at all.... just a friend. but it was gross - and it ruined our relationship for sure.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'd have him arrested for trespassing and invest in some window locks.
    I also think that perhaps he may need a psychological evaluation as sometimes kids who do this have either experienced some form of sexual abuse, or may be mentally disturbed.

For the safety of her family and others, I would strongly suggest filing a police report at the very least so that if he does something similar in the future, there's already some documentation.
    teeloffel

Answer by teeloffel at 2:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• our futures finest!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011