HI, Sorry about another bottle question but I'm going to try this cold turkey like some of you said but at night do you give them a bottle or the sippy cup ? I always give my son a bottle with some water

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give a sippy cup....get the bottles out of the house!! lol it will only take a day or two, but s/he will not miss it.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I dreaded taking my son's bottle away because I thought he would just have the worst time with it, so I put it off way too long. When I finally did take it away, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't give him a cup or anything. He asked for his bottle for about a week, but he only cried the first day (and he would stop crying as soon as I closed his door, so it wasn't like it went on and on!).
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I do the sippy of water to replace the bottle. I am having difficulties taking the cup away to nighttime potty train my 3 yr old now. I guess I will wait a couple of months
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• we just started this yesterday. She was already off the bottle except sleep time. But yesterday we just gave her her sippy she cries for a min then starts to drink the cup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My daughter is a year and two weeks and still uses her bottle at nap/bedtimes. I was lucky in the fact that my daughter never became attached to her bottle to where she wanted it at other times then feedings.

For a few months I could get her to go to sleep on her own but she's recently decided that that's not how she wants to do things anymore! (go figure) So for now she just takes her bottle at nap and bedtime.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008