Would you just do it for him?

My 10 yr old son has a project due this Friday. Its just to make a Valentines Mailbox for all the v-day cards and candy that they pass out in class. This is NOT a mandatory thing to do..and he won't get any kind of credit if he does it or not.
My son is not into artsy kind of stuff and he realy doesnt want to do it, especially sinc ehe doesnt have to.
I was thinking of just making one for him since I do like to do that kind of stuff anyway. I don't know..would you do it?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yea, if he isnt into that stuff and its not for credit then sure, as long as it isnt homework. I would do it, especially so he has something for class, kids dont think that far ahead and then they get there and see that everyone else has one and will feel left out. I would even put a little valentines day note from you in there as a surprise!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You probably should so, when all the other kids bring theirs he won't feel left out.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 2:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Why not snag one of those pre-made ones at WalMart? I am thinking of grabbing one for my 5 year old... Transformers!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I can and only will speak for me/my son.

No I would not do it for my son. If he wanted one done he would do it himself, if he didn't do it then he is the one who would have to live with the repercussions/consequences of not doing so. At 10 years old, my son was able to be responsible for his own school assignments and projects. Whether my son like doing artsy things or not, it would still be his project to do (if wanted since it was not mandatory) not mine.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would too make one for my son. Honest response!
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 2:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would do it. I like doing artsy type stuff like that plus I wouldn't want him to feel left out when everyone else has one and he doesn't.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would.

Answer by older at 9:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2011