Please help my son will not eat any kind of vegetable what to do??

he use to love green beans and carrots but not anymore if its a vegatable he will not eat it. He is good at eating anything else though. He is only 2, but i dont want his growth to be affected

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 2:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep serving them anyway. I make my son eat a certain number, usually 2 of whatever. He likes to "dip" too - mostly in either ranch or ketchup, even green beans! And sometimes I've gotten him interested in eating by "racing" him to see who can finish their veggies first.

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Have you tried raw carrots? Our son loves the 'matchstick' sliced carrots with a little dip. He also loves cucumbers or tomatoes..
    Chasingtot

Answer by Chasingtot at 2:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• there is a cook book actually, its pink and she is the wife of a famous actor...im sorry..maybe some can chime in, but she waas on the oprah show and actually makes desserts and stuff with veggies and apparently they dont even taste like it, a friend of mine used one of her recipes and said it tasted awesome too..also there is that V8 splash juice that has veggies in it and tastes likes regluar juice, also you can give him flinestone vitamins that will help as well. Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 2:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I buy the fruitable juice and DD likes that (I still water it down though). Also I discovered she is more likely to eat it if it has flavor. She is a pretty good eater I must say though. But she doesn't like just steamed veggies with butter, except borccoli for some reason. But if the veggies are cooked in a stir-fry or crock pot stew and don't taste like veggies - she will eat anything. In this case they taste like whatever the sauce is, so if I can get her to try it (make her take one bite) and say "isn't that yummy?" she will usually eat at lest 2 pieces. I think this is the same with the diping idea. CHange the flavor and see if it helps. Good luck
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 2:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Shred zucchini, carrots, squash into spaghetti sauce. Hide chopped spinach in brownies, banana bread. Make zucchini bread and add some chocolate chips..hides the taste and looks like chocolate cake. Get the juice that tastes like fruit juice but is really veggie juice. Puree squash and mix in mac and cheese. Puree cauliflower and mix in mashed potaotes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• We make home made pizza. It is pineapple pizza, and we mix a jar of baby food carrots into the sauce. My 6 year old STILL hates vegetables, but loves pizza.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'm right there with you! I still offer him real visible veggies with lunch and dinner, but I don't make a big deal when he doesn't eat them (he kinda pokes at them and then ignores it). But until the day when he learns to try and like them, I sneak it into his foods. Green scrambled eggs with pureed/finely chopped spinach or broccoli are a hit (maybe try it for St. Patricks Day?) Carrots, zucchini or cauliflower (pureed or very finely chopped) goes great in muffins and pancakes (great for on the go snacks). And smoothies are his favorite! He "eats" a tablespoon of peas or yellow squash (pureed smooth) every night since I blend it up with milk, fruit and honey. The smoothies even work when he's sick or teething and he doesn't want to eat anything solid. It probably only amounts to maybe 1.5 servings of veggies per day, but it's better than nothing!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• make something like shepherds pie or pot pie or something and tell him it's not veggies?
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 2:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Sneak*~... sounds worse than it is, but I sneak them into foods I make! Like my 5 year old who is picky and like his muffins, I sneak ground flaxseed and ground walnuts into those... he hates nuts but I sneak them into baked foods
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Mix with mashed potatoes or rice, cut into small pieces and cook them till soft.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011