Do people ever have winter yard/garage sales????

I live in Illinois and I have a ton of stuff to have a yard/garage sale and I don't really want to keep it til flippin' may until I can unload this stuff (I need the extra money, so I really want to have a sale before it's donated).
Has anyone ever heard of sales in the winter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Maybe in a closed garage. I'm in WI and I wouldn't go to an outside one

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Craigs List... post it up?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'm from cali, so i'm getting frustrated that I have to wait til spring. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would try to put at least the more expensive stuff up on craigslist - it's worth a try. We have winter yard sales around here, but I'm in NC and sometimes on a mild weekend it's not all that cold.

Answer by missanc at 2:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Never heard of winter yard sales. But yeah, put it up on Craigslist, eBay or post ads in your local paper,
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• if you have a basment or garage with heat. i have seen garage sales advertised in the paper in the winter and usually they are in the basement or garage.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have seen them in Illinois. Usually a few people get together and have them in a church room or K of C hall. You may have to rent the room, around here its about $40.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• That's a good idea ria7, thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No, I just bag it all up and give it to Goodwill and then take the deduction.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would try Craigslist or Ebay for now. Whatever you can't or don't want to do on there save for spring.
    redsoxmom09

Answer by redsoxmom09 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2011