Morning sickness vs actually having a virus

How do you know the difference between morning sickness and actually being sick with a virus, etc?? I'm 8 weeks today - 2nd pregnancy. I had NO feelings of sickness with my 1st at all. Now I feel horrible.

Help!

crystalbean2

Asked by crystalbean2 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be a virus OR it could just be this particular pregnancy. I felt great with my first and when I did not with my second, my doctor would say it was just a different pregnancy but when I became violently ill one nite, I went to the ER and after they were done laughing at me for what they thought was my overreacting, they tested me and sure enough I had a flu bug. Monitor yourself and go with your gut instincts and get to the doctor if you think it's more than just morning sickness.
    Anonymous

• Fever??...if you have a fever along with it, I would say it was a virus
    :(
    Hope you feel better
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Morning sickness is just nausea and puking. Virus you have a temperature + nausea.

Answer by louise2 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Oh, and I did not have a temperature but did in fact have a bug.
    Anonymous

• Yikes!! That is the bad thing about this time of year. I was never sick with my first one either. I hope you get to feeling better soon! :o) Get some rest and plenty of fluids!!!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• If you just feel sick to your stomach it could just be pregnancy. But if you feel ill then go with your instinct. I had no sickness with my first pregnancy but the second, OMG I never felt so sick. I would get really sick right after dinner (before I knew) I though I just ate too much or ate something that was upsetting my stomach.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• If you have horrible stomach cramps, that is a stomach virus. Morning sickness doesn't involve those kinds of cramps.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• evry preg is diffrent.probably morning sickness.
    denisebb

Answer by denisebb at 11:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011