Who is who?

My sister and I are from the same mother but different fathers (not a step dad.)
My maternal sisters' children would be? Their children would be?
My paternal fathers children would be and their children would be? And their children would be?
Where would I stand in my fathers affairs? no pun. :0

4654

Asked by 4654 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Your sisters children would be your nieces and nephews.
    Your fathers children would be your siblings.
    You are your fathers daughter.
    ?? Idk..is this what you were asking??
    Hope I helped..
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Your sister is your sister. Her kids are your nieces/nephews. DH and his sister have different fathers but it doesn't matter. They grew up together fighting etc. so she is his sister. If you did not grow up together you could call then half-sister or half-brother. I would still just call their kids your niece/nephew. Families come in all shapes and sizes - go for it
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 3:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Well your sister and you are 1/2 sisters. Their children would still be your nieces and nephews, but technically 1/2 but why get technical w/the kids. Your Dad is your Dad and your Mom is your Mom. If your Mom re-married then you'd have a step-dad. I think that's right.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Your sister is your half sister. Her kids are half neices and nephews. Your fathers kids by a different mom would be half brothers and sisters. Hope I got that right. If you are not in your fathers will. You will have to go to court to try to get anything from his estate.

Answer by louise2 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It really doesn't have to be complicated. If you consider them your sisters and brothers then their children would be your nieces and nephews, they just branch out in different directions that is all and the dynamics are a little different. To keep it simple is best for everyone.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 3:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Yes it does get very complicated. That is why I was asking. Perhaps someone might have had the correct answer. I had always felt like an outsider on both sides. Not all siblings are kind to the odd one out. As for the estate. When my dead was alive the 3 children said that if dad did not put me in the will they will still share the estate with me. Now that he has died I am once again odd one out.
    Families are getting more complicated every year. Separations, divorces, common-law,
    Same sex marriages multiple marriages and so one. What is happening to the children now?
    Anyway I want to thank all of you for helping figure out who is who.

4654

Comment by 4654 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• lost me
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Okay I think I got it straight?? Everyone is half other then my mother and father. So if anyone is wanting to trace family tree. All I could say is ..Good Luck.
    4654

Comment by 4654 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011