Do you know what happens when you turn 38?

I have a candle on my nightstand. It has a cover with a mirror top. I leaned over it. I saw my face, namely, my eyes. Ye gads!! I was shocked. I had droopy skin around my eyes.!! lmao. ah well. I never thought I was old but that image was a reality kick in the face! I am going to face getting old with humor. lol I will not be sad about it. A little mad maybe.. a little crazy but I will laugh. :)

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• 38, wait tell you hit 50. Skin on the face is going south. Encluding my BOOBS. LOL

Answer by louise2 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Sorry to hear that. I'm 38 as well. No droopy eyes(yet!)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Did you also know that your eye sight peaks at age 12? LOL! Here's the thing... people live longer these days. It's costly to maintain that beauty from our twenties. You have to decide if you're going to be happy and satisfied with yourself... if not, start putting money away for all those costly surgeries that are available.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I am 46!!!! Proud of it!!!! I have very fine lines which I take care of before I start my day!! But,that's it!!! I think of when I was a kid and a teenager,throw on t-shirt and jeans,quickly brush my hair and my teeth and out the door I go!! The good old days!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I feel ya, I'm 53 and when I noticed my eyelids drooping I thought well here it goes. I always was proud of my legs bc they were skinniest part of my body and firm but, now my thighs r drooping,Too!!!! It comes with age unless, u r rich and can do something about it. But, I never would bc, I wouldn't want to get cut on. Hang in there It's only gets better(worse).LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 3:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I know what you mean I sometimes look at myself but with the mirror below my face as I am facing down and I am like omg where is all the youth :( I guess I did this bc I wondered what I looked like when I am on top of my dh doing him and I did not like what I saw he doesn't seem to mind but I do I try not to think about it too much or it will mess with my concentration. I think I'd rather lay flat on the bed while we are doing it atleast my face will look young again for abit and my stomach will look flat...lol Don't worry we are all going through the changes :( I'm 47.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• when I'm standing upright I look alright.. just when looking down at the mirror. yeah I'm fine with getting old. I know it's going to happen. :)
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• you ladies put a smile on my face. thanks. :) and also a chuckle.
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I do know what happens at 38, 48, and 58. I'm thinking about getting my belly button pierced, then I could put a hook in it to hold up my bra. There are compensations though. You eyesight gets worse, so you can't see those wrinkles and flabby skin anymore. Plus, you make lots more memories, so the aging is worth it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have enjoyed every age I reached. I'm enjoying 52.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011