When will he sop napping?

My son is 27 months and he hasn't been wanting to take naps. He seems very demanding about everything lately. He doesn't talk all he says is mamma and dadda and cup. I am just wondering if he is not going to take naps anymore?

mommyof2_1989

Asked by mommyof2_1989 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm more concerned about his not talking than his napping. Have you talked to his pediatrician? I always made my kids lay down for at least an hour, even after they stopped sleeping (around age 3), just to be quiet and rest. But some kids do drop their naps this early.

Answer by missanc at 3:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Are you able to get him to lay down with you on the couch? If my son just doesnt want to sleep i get him to lay on the couch with me and watch a favorite show or something, either he will fall asleep that way or at least i know he is laying down relaxing for alittle bit.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Both my kids stopped napping between 2 and 2.5... so I didn't force them. Everyone was much happier then! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My son is back and forth about taking naps but i do tell him he has to lay down for "quiet time" every day for at least an hour..
    masonsmommy1008

Answer by masonsmommy1008 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with PP, I would be more concerned with the not talking. I would talk to your pediatrician about that. As for the naps, some kids do give up on naps that young. I would still have him have quiet time for at least an hour whether he sleeps or not.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2011