• In the Spotlight:

Who here works at a distribution center?

and what do you like best about it? I've been at one a little over 1 month and still don't quite have an opinion lol. I like the hours, the pay and the interaction with other adults but sometimes I feel like a cog in a machine. I throw boxes in other boxes or on a conveyer for 5 hours and I feel I could do better (but in this tough economy I know I shouldnt be so picky!)

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yrs. ago I worked for Orvis(mailorder catalog company) and I worked in packing and shipping. I loved the ppl I worked with and we had fun as we worked. But, I had been in retail most of my life and I missed interacting w/ customers so, I went back to that. A job is a job unless u can find something better I would stick with it.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 3:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My SIL works at one. She gets satisfaction in knowing she is part of a system to get customers what they need.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• If you feel like a cog in the whee and that you can do betterl, that means the job doesn't challenge you. And if the job doesn't challenge you, in the long run, you're not going to be happy.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• well it is challengeing some nights because we have a quota to meet
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2011