When your on a rush

days like today, I need easy quick meals.. but cheap.
He loves mac n cheese, but its it good for a 3 year old?? -- he will be 3 in march.
Or what do i feed him?
were going to my parents tonight to visit and im feeding him there.. i told them i'd bring our dinner..
ideas please mommaS!!

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:40 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I make home made mac and cheese if I have time, if not I use the boxed kind, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• mac and chease is the best and if you think he needs more nutrition throw in a hot dog
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I think mac and cheese is fine once in a while. I would steam some broccoli and cut up some fruit to go with dinner. If you are really short on time frequently, I would get a few healthy choice meals to keep in the freezer. My boys like the turkey with mashed potatoes and the veggie medley.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• If we're in a hurry before preschool, I'll give her soup or ramen noodles or turkey, but I give her cut up grapes, cheese, cucumbers and yogurt w/ it.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• mac & cheese is fine once in awhile, but there are lots more healthy food you could serve. What do you serve with it? Vegetables or fruits, hopefully. Whole wheat pasta would be better. Turkey and green beans. Chicken and broccoli.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• mac and cheese is one of the few things my son will actually eat!!! he refuses spaggittio's and things like that....he hates veggies with a passion to. i am a sahm, so for lunch i usually give him things he will eat with no fuss, mac and cheese, pb and j, hot dogs, things like that. he usually has a very good breakfast and dinner so i slack a bit on lunch.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2011