If you spank your kids part of your form of discipline...at what age do you stop spanking?Or height I should say...lol

I've spanked my son from time to time as needed and if the punishment fit the crime...
he's 10 now..and I'm short and he's almost as tall as me.
Now I've told him a few times.."Boy...I don't care how big you get, I will whoop your butt if you act like a fool"
LOL
Okay..so..those are just words to scare him okay..because I just don't know if I could spank say...a 14 year old that was like a foot taller than me?
Now I remember my grandmother always saying this same thing and here she would come no matter if you were 10 or 20...running with that wooden spoon...LOL! It was a funny sight..mind you..she never really hurt anyone..it was more comical than anything..but we all listened to her and pretended to be scared of her little self and her spoon.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:47 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Our youngest son and I had this conversation just recently. He's 33 now, and he told me he well remembered the last time his dad spanked him. He thinks he was about 13. He said he back-talked his dad and his dad spanked him for being disrespectful. The last part of our conversation was the best though. He told me he was glad that his dad did that, because he needed it and he appreciated that his dad corrected him. I don't remember how old they were when I last spanked any of them, but dad handled it after a certain age. I can't tell you how much all three of our children love and appreciate their hero--their daddy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• lol @ grandma! i love old people!
    i would stop spanking at 7-8. depending on the crime.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• At ten years old your son SHOULD know right from wrong . so as long as he is acting like he a "big boy " time out , grounding etc. age appropriate disciplne is fine , but when he acts like a five year old , then take him down and woop him . I did and i made sure it STUNG and they remembered quick how to beahve for their age.
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2011