Sickness and meds......is it contaminated?

So, kids had a stomach virus a couple weeks ago and my littlest guy is having teething problems.
The tylenol container or bottle that I was taking the little syringe does from (the one that's connected to the lid) goes back into the bottle each time I give a does right....?
So, now that this teething is going on, is it safe to use the same tylenol that my kids with the virus were using? Obviously I don't want my other kids to get sick......so I would think not......but what do you think? do I just throw my tylenol out each time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can throw it away, or you can wash off the little syringe on the bottle with hot water and soap (which is what I always did).

Since you already put the syringe back in the bottle after his mouth was on it, I would get a new bottle, and start washing it off after every dose.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Well that is why my kids were told to open up and I squirted the medicine in their mouth without them touching the syringe. You can wash it as some people do, but since you did already put it in the bottle you likely contaminated the whole thing already and I would throw it out.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2011