Since when has having illegitamate children been a good thing?

Since when has having illegitimate children been a good/socially accepted thing?

This isn't a morals question just an anthropological/socialogical one. It used to be a thing of shame, a stigma, even if you were together with the father for years before & after. It just seems that these days nearly every child can be a little bastard without acting like one.
Or maybe it is just on CM.

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 3:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• wow.
    this could be a good conversation till you called kids bastards.
    just.wow.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Are you kidding me right now? It's not the kids fault. Seriously. Grow up and stop using language like that.
    Anonymous

• I hope that wasn't intended as meanly as it sounded.

I think that it's good that the children of unwed parents no longer face crippling social stigmas. On the other hand, I think it is sad that so many children and parents face the struggles of single-parent-hood and deadbeat parents, etc. I really feel babies are best in homes with loving coupled parents ... But that doesn't mean that children should be stigmatized and called 'bastards' if they are born out of wedlock. All people deserve to be honored and loved, no matter who their parents are, how they were conceived, or the status of their families.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I agree with kimberlyinberea. This would have been a great topic then I read the word "bas****".
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It just seems that these days nearly every child can be a little bastard without acting like one.

Explain to me how a child acts like a bastard without being one?.....
    Anonymous

• My argument is based upon statistics -- One of every 2 marriages end up in divorce. They have been together LONGER than A LOT of young married couples -- and I am proud of them both. If she had been born 20 years ago, the situation would NOT be the same -- duh. But when the times change, NORMAL people change with them and accept that things change over time -- AND IT'S a good thing. Do you believe it would be better for a young couple to get married just to have sex or because they were pregnant?? NO -- It would not be better. It's better that they are in a well-adjusted relationship and my grandchild is THRIVING because of it.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Calling children of unwed parents bastards.. You sound like a bitch.. I'm not suprised you've been called that your entire life.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• If this is a topic for a research paper, you should really be doing some searching for more credible sources, rather than asking people on Cafemom.
    CountryLayne

Answer by CountryLayne at 4:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I cant believe you would even say that wowww. normally I dont say anything but that can be really offensive to some people.. wake up and realize that this is 2011 not 1950.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It obviously isn't moral to you, because it doesn't sound like you have morals.

In my opinion it is better for parents of a child to be together, unmarried, happy and raising the child together, than married, hate their life, divorced and not stay together.

Personally I CHOSE not to be married. My child is not a BASTARD because of it. You're incredibly rude.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011