Is oatmeal bad for toddlers

My son has no problem with pooping.. but i see toddlers need 4 servings of grain each day.. is that meant outmeal?
I feel so horrible that i am just starting to ask these questions :(

P.s he is a very active boy.. he burns the fat to quickly to actually gain much.. so yeah, the doctor says he needs to gain weight ..

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oatmeal is good for everyone
    You can never get too much grains/fiber in your diet

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No, that doesn't necessarily mean oatmeal, but oatmeal can be part of their grain servings. My oldest ate oatmeal with fruit for breakfast every day in the winter when he was a toddler - he loved it!

Answer by missanc at 3:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My son isn't quite 18 months old yet, and I feed him oatmeal pretty often (he likes it), but you can get grains in other ways and fiber also helps with the digestive system. You should just start offering him a wide variety of food, even if it is something you don't like. My son loves pintos, well pretty much any bean, and he loves pasta, you can buy whole grain pasta for the same price as regular.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Oatmeal is a wonderful whole grain cereal. Don't get instant, it only takes a few minutes to make in the microwave.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011