Are eggos bad for breakfast??

My son used to eat alot of candy...

He has stopped that. He really likes eggos every morning.. with syrup on them, is that a bad breakfast, or should i be cooking him something better for him? and what ?

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 3:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• eggos are bad if your having them every morning. The syrup might as well be candy cause it's LOADED with sugar.

Try, eggs, fruit, oatmeal, low sugar cereal...those are all a lot better.
    Anonymous

• Eggo's are bad all the time
    If he wants waffles,make them from scratch and use whole wheat flour and put fruit on them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You could always get sugar free syrup to cut down on the bad parts.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Breakfast is very important and Id just cook him what he likes. Even if its eggos! My dd eats them and somedays other things. But if that was her breakfast all the time then so be it. Try to include other sides if you are worried. Add some fruit to the waffles or try whole grain waffles. They taste exactly the same. And considering I cant stand whole grain and wheat Id trust me! lol Even the leading kids cereals have great vitamins and resources in them. As long as hes eating and is full then eggo it up!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• And always remember that if he likes scrambled eggs and you dont have the time...you can microwave an egg. Just beat it, add milk and microwave appx a minute per egg.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Skip the syrup and add a fresh fruit and it will be a lot better.

Oatmeal is an excellent choice for little bellies, add a little cinnamon and honey for sweetness.

Toast with apple butter and a piece of ham...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My kids are learning to dip eggos I cut into strips into yogurt! I use strawberry vanilla or Honey Greek yogurt. sometimes I top it with peanut butter. Fresh fruit was mentioned and we do that some also. There probably are 'better' choices but there is also ways to make eggos 'not so bad' for every morning by mixing it up a little.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Eggos have a ton of hidden sodium in them- but then I kind of grew up on them and I'm not dead or obese yet so...maybe they aren't THAT bad.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• empty carbs and sugar... yeah thats bad... how about eggs, a slice of whole wheat toast and some fresh fruit with a glass of milk? or yogurt with granola and fresh fruit? or hot cereal?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011