I went to go get my hair done....

I was going to get my hair straightened, because I am tired of doing it myself!
I went to a consultation and it turns out it would cost $250.00 to get it done.
The positive side is it would last for four months, but I will not enjoy myself knowing it would cost that much and is not permanent!
Does anyone spend that much on their hair?

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 3:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Not on straightening it, but then again, my hair only takes about 5 minutes to straighten. That sounds a little high to me. Try looking around and comparing prices.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Awe*~... bless you for being the kind of person who places others needs above your own! Hope someone will make up the difference so you can have a single guilty pleasure!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't, If I knew it would work I would prob try it. I have to straighten mine every day and it does get old.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• nope- I went to cosmetology school so other than hair cuts-which I can't do on myself...I take care of my hair and all the families too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I spend about 500 a year on my hair - styles, sometimes highlights or something.

I have pretty nice hair and I don't spend allot of time curling or straightening. I think of someone spends allot of time doing their hair every day then it would be worth the extra splurge to cut down on the maintenance!

I mean 250, if it lasted three months, would be *approximately* 85 a month or 1000 a year... It's all about priorities... I wouldn't starve myself to do it or anything, but allot of people spend 85 a month eating out or buying starbucks.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• 4 months is long enough for me its a pain in the a** doin it every single day just to have a natural looking hair style.. I dont see how its possible to last that long though.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I spend around $100 + every 5 weeks. I would love it not tostraiten my hair daily. I have stright hair but it isjust crazy needs help always
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I just thought about the groceries I could get; then paying property tax for the month of March as well as February, which is what I ended up doing with the money.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I'm the same way. Are you talking about getting a brazillian blowout? Just know that while it lasts for 4 months at the ends, depending on how wavy or curly your hair is and how fast it grows, it likely won't last that long.

I only get my hair done a few times a year since moving to Denver, because it is so expensive. What used to cost me $80 now costs $170.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2011