How long does Bare Minerals make-up last?

I know "they" say you should throw your make-up away after a certain amount of time due to possible risks or whatever. Sorry, I'm not extremely into make-up to know all this.

Anyway, the Bare Minerals commercial cracks me up when I hear it because they say "Not expensive. It lasts for such a long time."

Now how does that work if certain items should be thrown out after a certain amount of time?!!!

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 3:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I emailed the company a few years ago and asked them...it can last indefinitely since it is minerals. There us nothing in it that can go bad.

If you mean how fast you go through it, then that depends on how much you use and how often you wear make-up. I use it daily, and buy two containers of it a year. I have been a loyal user going on 9 yrs now, and still have products from 9 yrs ago that are as good as new.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• As long as the products have no oils or fats (which Bare Minerals don't) the shelf life is much longer, and you should ask about that at Bare Escentuals. I use Bare Minerals and there is less chance of contamination because of the way they are dispensed and I wash my brushes frequently. Also I don't use makeup every single day, but I use a container of the base in about a year and a half and the mineral veil in 2 years. I haven't had any problems, and the makeup smells and looks the same as the fresh stuff I just bought because I'm getting near the end of one. We also keep our house really cool and the bathroom is practically frigid, hovering right around 55 or 58 degrees, so that might make a difference too.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I only use Bare Escentuals and I guess it depends on how often you apply it and how much you put on. The thing is, it takes very little per application. Plus, with mine, I pour a tiny bit into a lid or something else and then dip the brush and apply, so there's not that much risk of contamination. I'd say I go through a pot of the powder foundation about every 2 months, but the eye shadows and blushes could last me a year. I'm on a thing where they send me a new set of make-up for the season every 3 months. I love their make-up. It just goes on so much more smoothly than other make-up, and it looks natural.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't know but I LOVE IT.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• They men it lasts a long time for those who wear make up everyday. They don't say that but that is what is intended.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• when i used BM (i use other mineral makeup most of the time, but the amount is roughly the same), one container of makeup would last about a month, using it everyday. i also clean/sanitize all my applicators/brushes twice a week, so i'm not ''double dipping'' into the container.
    how long a product lasts certainly depends on how much and how often you use it. but everything has a lifespan, and you need to respect that it will 'expire', particularly products that are organic/all-natural, as there are no preservatives included in them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I always thought they mean it lasts ON YOUR FACE a long time...like it doesn't wear off as easily.
    Anonymous

• About 6 months
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Obviously, whatever you're using the most of won't last very long, so my Bare Minerals foundation is the one I'm replacing most often (but only every three months or so). Mineral Veil lasts forever because I use so little of it. I throw out makeup when it starts to smell different and I haven't had that issue with Bare Minerals. It helps if you wash your brushes once or twice a month.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011