Question for moms with daughters

i usually comb both of my daughters hair in 5 pony tails Sunday night and it last the whole weak they have really thick and long hair and i cant comb it every single day well last night when i was combing my youngest hair i noticed on her edges were getting thin and she has red bumps on the side i usually use"QP Glaze gel to slick it down"but her hair is getting really thin on the sides is there any other product i can use that wont make her hair thin?what do you use on your daughters hair?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• WHat ethnicity are your children?
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• @BaileysMom476 Mexican,black,belizean,&creole i"ll post a picture of them and u can see how thick it is and the texture

LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It sounds like the product may be irritating to her scalp. Can you try a mouse, or a hair wax instead of gel? The ends may be in need of a trim too. Maybe your hair stylist can recommend a good product. I use a detangler spray to get thru my dau's curly locks, & then a little mousse & a little (pump) hair spray when we are done.  But I would check w/ the stylist first.  They are more familiar w/ your dau's hair.  GL :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• @BaileysMom476

Photobucket

The first 1 is my oldest the second 1 is my youngest

@mrsmom110 i"ll try some moose but the detangler spray never works for me
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Photobucket

this is my youngest the first first picture i posted was my oldest
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have no advise, but what a gorgeous girl!!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Cute*~... bumps sound like an allergic reaction... change to a different product... I get the same things with laundry soaps... the little red bumps where the clothes touch... mine is easier to solve than yours, I can switch to Dreft... you are going to have to do a trial and error and read lots of labels, starting with the one you use now, what are the ingredients??? Start switching to others without certain things in yours
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Omg they are so pretty...for now can you just have them wear a headband and a loose ponytail. My dd has straight hair but I use to love to fix her hair all ways then I noticed thinnest as well so now she just wears a hand band and a loose PT for now. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• thanks you guys:)
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• How tight is the hair pulled? It can irritate the scalp. I know because i've done it to my sons hair and I used to do it to mine all the time!!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:42 PM on Feb. 7, 2011