PLEASE please help me with this.

Hi moms, i really need support!im 32, married and i have a lo. i weigh 253 pounds last time i had the courage to weigh myself. the sort of good thing is that its well proportioned so i dont look totally horrible with clothes on. without clothes or little clothes, i make myself sick. im not letting my husband touch me cause i feel depressed, sick to my stomach whenever i see myself. i need motivation to start dieting. i need something to get me started and get me going. my LO is not reason enough for me to do it unfortunately......i dont know what to do. i need to lose 110 pounds and it feels impossible to me. IMPOSSIBLE. where to start? what to do? seriously, what do i do? how do i make myself do this? im SO scared. i have back pains cause of this. i feel tired. WHERE to start? HOW to make myself do this? please PLEASE i need recommendations, advice, opinions, ANYTHING! please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Health

• Snag a jogging stroller off Freecycle.org or Craigs List and take up walking... google local botanical gardens so it is something you can see beautiful stuff or hiking trails... just walk, or walk fast so you don't get burnt out
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have been in a similar situation. I joined Weight Watchers and it has helped tremendously. It has helped me learn how to eat more healthily. I still eat pizza at least once a week and cake and all the stuff I normally ate and somehow the pounds fall off. The plan has really worked for me!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Do you have medical insurance? Make an appointment with your primary doctor and have him/her refer you to a dietician. Plus, get your cholestrol and b/p checked. Maybe if a doctor was to tell you you had to take off the pounds..you'd be more apt to do it? I know I think I would. Its hard to get that motivation..especially when you feel like you really don't even know where the heck to begin..thats how I feel right now. And with a dietician they can kinda tell you exactly what you need to do.Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:06 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• hugs

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You just need to have faith in your self that you can do it believe in your self!! Tell your self you can do it. there are so many ways to do there is weight watchers that makes it nearly simple to diet. There are fun excersise classes to take like zumba.. I wish you the best of luck.P.S I believe in you..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:08 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Take small steps. Change your buying habits for food in the house. Start walking. I know a women who goes dancing every weekend and has lost 100 lbs. Still has 40 to go. That may not be possible with LO's. I dance with my kids to there shows on tv. They think it's funny. I think it's exercise. Good luck. You can do it!!!
    Anonymous

• My sister has also done Weight Watchers, it also worked for her. Do you have anyone to lose weight with? IMO it would help motivate you if someone you knew was also losing weight to hold you accountable.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• if it is not too cold where you are, put your lo in a stroller and walk walk walk. if you have some money, join a gym that has childcare. get on a treadmill and walk, walk, walk : )
    take a good look at your diet.
    I like to try really hard to get 5 veggies and 3 fruits a day...2-3 good grains, like brown rice and quinoa. drink 2-3 liters of water a day. don't forget protein, lean meats, eggs, nuts avocados...
    for me, i find when i get all my good food in, i don't have a ton of room left in my tummy or my day for the bad food.
    a really great book is body for life, he has a pretty reasonable work out and diet plan. i think a great part of it is that you get one day off a week so every day is not deprivation for you.
    start small, with your walks. after a week or two start working on your food.
    good luck to you!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• First, you have to start moving your body...take LO for a walk everyday. If it's cold, bundle up. If it's raining, use an umbrella...don't give yourself excuses.

Second, you have to eat less. (Easier said than done, right?) Stick with the serving sizes that are on packages. Make a decision the day before about what you will eat & WHEN you will eat it. Make a plan for what you'll do if you get hungry between planned meals. Maybe you'll scrub the baseboards, maybe you'll write in a journal, maybe you'll clean out your junk drawer.

Third, drink a TON of water.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I would say look at this as a life change not just a diet. Find maybe a walking bubby or someone who lives by you who can support you on a day to day basis. Don't focus on the scale but on how you feel. Feed your spirit along the way too, meaning find joy in life again w each pound lost. Feed your mind and heart and losing should come eaiser.. :)
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011