This really bothers me, am I wrong? adult content

I work fulltime outside the home, go to school full time online, and raise 3 children. My dh is self employed and does manual labor cutting trees, firewood, wood working, and misc. jobs. Once in a while he gets a bug up his butt and demands that I need to help him work in the woods with him. Now IMO he choose his job, I did not. I don't think it is fair for him to assume I should spend my one day off doing his work for him, while he took the time to maybe go fishing earlier in the week. I don't feel that is my problem because when it is all said and done, I will still have to cook dinner, do dishes, do laundry, and clean the house, not him.

I get really irritated with his attitude about it when I can't. Like this weekend I did something to my foot, I don't even know what but I could not walk on it at all on Sunday and he said he was tired of my "bullshit excuses". I am sorry but I worked all week and I seriously injured my foot and I hate his frickin attitude. My responsibilities are my responsibilies, yet his responsibilites apparently mine as well. Now if I had the time and had he not had is "play" time earlier in the week I would not be so irritated but since he did, I am!

2boysnaprincess

Asked by 2boysnaprincess at 4:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• just do what he ask but do it wrong and he will never ask for help again. Men think that were super humans sometimes
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 4:12 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• maybe if you help him he should be doing dishes, housework and spending time with the kids.............................Men you gotta love them but for some reason it's always their way, they never see what we really do only what it is they do, go help him and do nothing else like the cooking that night tell him you had to do his job and if he is hungry he can do yours!!!!!
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• yea tell him you would be glad to help him when starts helping u around the house
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 4:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• oh even if I do it wrong he will just bitch at me and I will end up telling him to piss off then I usually tell him that is why no one wants to help him because he treats them like crap when they don't help. working with my husband is a recipe for disaster!
    2boysnaprincess

Comment by 2boysnaprincess (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Tit for tat. You don't help me I sure as shit am NOT helping you.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I have tried telling him that, but his theory is his work earns money, housework doesn't. Maybe he should tell his dirty underwear that!
    2boysnaprincess

Comment by 2boysnaprincess (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Id be irratated as well I could understand a little more if maybe you did not already have such a full plate.. Good luck put your foot down!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• What a whanker! Say "sure honey- I'll help you cut down trees if you help w/ this!" And then hand him the long list of chores, parenting, studying, etc that you have on your plate! The nerve. He not only wants his cake & eat it too, he expects extra frosting! Tell him to buzz off! What nerve!
    Anonymous

• You are a team...sometimes being on team sucks.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• When he tells you that than reply that on HIS days off from work he can clean, cook, and raise HIS kids??? If you are expected to give up your days off to work than his shouldn't be fishing???

Personally I would find it absolutely disrespectful and he could have fun finding a woman willing to work that hard.... hahahaha!!! I am a SAHM and don't sound as busy as you do
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011