What do you think?

I have a 2 year old. Her dad and I broke up September 2010. I started dating my boyfriend now November 2010. A lot of people tell me its to soon for any of this. Its crazy how I feel about him in such little time. I never felt as strong of feelings for my ex as I do for this one. What are your opinions on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you should take it very very slowly. This time, you have to worry about how every single thing you do in this new relationship will affect your daughter. That seems very quick to rush into things after a long relationship.
    Anonymous

• You can't help what you feel. There is nothing wrong with it.

Just be careful when letting your 2 year old around it so quickly. Make sure it will last before they get involved.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You don't need to follow anyone's timetable but your own. Listen to you heart.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 4:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Take it slow bc if you move too fast your just setting yourself up for a heartbreak and then you move and find another then another and so on until someone finally catches your heart GL and Becareful.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My opinions are going to differ greatly from what you think you want to hear... Just being absolutely honest with you!

However, as long as you are not taking this new guy too serious, keeping your daughter out of it all, and waiting until you "know" and don't "ust" after each other... no harm no foul
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Is it too soon for you to feel in love or to have a new boyfriend? Not if you are ok with that. Is it too soon for your daughter to be getting attached to this guy (which will probably happen quickly if her father is out of the picture) and getting used to having him around? In my opinion, yes. She is very young, so she will understand if he is there on a regular basis but she will not understand if it he just goes away one day. I say enjoy your time with your new man and see where things go, but I would wait it out before you let him become close with your daughter, until you are certain of your feelings and that the relationship has staying power. That last part is important, because you can feel certain about your feelings early on, but you really can't know about staying power unless you just give things more time. I would say at least 6 months together and talk about serious committments and a future would be needed. GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Quick rebounds very rarely work because it seems so much better than the last relationship at first, and people tend to not use their heads. Take the time to look for "red flags", little things that should be telling you something. Is this just a physical attraction? Is he intelligent? What does he say about his mother? Don't trust a man that badmouths his mother. Does he have a steady job? Is he careful with his money or a spendthrift? How does he treat waitresses and bartenders? Is he respectful? Is he polite? How does he treat your daughter? Take your time with this. My ex was married 13 times before he finally gave it up.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:51 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• You are infatuated....GL and make sure you do not get blindsided by the love bug. You need to be aware of your future with your very young child and put that into your center and limelight. Boys come and go,I'm sure you know but it takes a real man to step up to the plate all the way and not just as a designated hitter here and there. I hope you get what you want out of this new , fresh relationship.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Ya never know but...one thing is different this time....you have a child and I hope that you are taking this into consideration! Dont take that lightly anddont introduce your child to every guy you date...its not good for them and they dont understand a break up at that age
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:09 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• Being i have experienced this i don't see this as a good thing. i just hope like most have said you don't bring every guy you meet around your daughter. they get attached and then you break up. then you bring another guy in etc etc. they will not only get confused but as they age they only see relationships are not ever lasting and it's ok to have numerous boyfriends. which is not the image you want to set or the example rather.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2011