How many of you....

have battled the swine flu, that h1n1 flu going around. I just found out my brother who suffers from dementia has it, and he spend the whole day with my mom on Friday. My mom is 91 and is convalescent of a hip replacement surgery, and I am afraid he might have contaminated her, so I will be given her the medication for this just in case.  How about you? have any of you had this?

Asked by older at 4:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Health

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • *knock on wood* Not in this house YET. I hope Mom does not catch it and I hope your brother feels better soon.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• No I never did But here is a BUMP! ((HUGS))
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I haven't personally but my brother and sisters (quads) and my dad did last year. They were super sick with the runs, vomiting and a bad fever. It lasted about a week but they made a full recovery
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I don't know if we've had it or not, honestly. We've had two colds this winter (more than usual), and I guess there were h1n1 symptoms, but it was mild enough that we didn't have to go to the doctor.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• My oldest had type A influenza (may have been H1N1 but didn't get the test for that.) about 3 weeks ago. My youngest and I had the tamiflu along with him. We stayed healthy for about 2 weeks, then the little one got a flu like something (I didn't want to drag him to the doctor in sub zero temps.) Both boys got well in less than a week. Just waiting for DD to get it now. It won't harm her if you do give it to her.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• ~*Never*~... other than the local news hyping it up, never had it or known anyone that has had it... numbers when they do have confirmed cses are too low to stress over
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2011