If you knew 100% that you would go to hell if you kept living the way you do would you change?

If you knew for a fact that if you didn't change how you lived that you would go to hell, would you change? Please explain. You can be anonymous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• noone can know for 100 % yes the bible says that if you sin you go to hell blah flipping blah but it also says god is all forgiving how people know he doesnt forgive you when you die ? unless of course you have died and then coem back to life but according to christians thats only what jesus did so noone really knows
    Anonymous

• Well, the thing is...most people that believe in hell DO change or are in the process of changing. People who don't believe in hell will continue to live in their sin-filled lives (we ALL sin, not passing judgements).

I have already changed my ways in the past 2 years for the better because the reality of hell was brought to my attention and I wanted NO PART of it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• No because there is no such thing as hell or sin. I believe in God, I am a law abiding citizen, I volunteer when I can,ect. God doesnt judge our lives. PEOPLE do. I also believe that this "hell" people speak of is actually what we are living in now. When we die, we ALL go to the other side. Differant religions have differant names for it, but it is the same place everybody's soul goes to. These beliefs that I have just make sense to me. Believe whatever makes sense to you just be respectful of other people's beliefs. If you are going to shove your beliefs down a person's throat, you better be able to take what you are dishing out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Everyone sins everyday. We are human. If I knew exactly what God did not like that I was doing I would definitely change it. Everything that God has laid out for us is from him and we need to be responsible in how we deal with the things that happen to us. Hopefully it is to his liking...because I feel that religions thru the years have been changed that we don't even really know what God wants from us anymore. I can see the obvious things but some of the more complex things who knows... But to answer tbe question I would change.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The bible doesn't teach that hell is anything other than the common grave... so why would I be scared of dying?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• How can you say you believe in God and then say there is no such thing as Hell or sin????? A lot of murderers will be happy to hear your point of view- it really lets them off the hook.
    paxsonsmom

Answer by paxsonsmom at 2:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The wages sin pays is DEATH. Not Hell. We all die. Ecclesiastes also says the dead are conscious of nothing at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• When I was out in the world, the thought of hellfire did nothing to turn me away from my sins. The love shown by God through the cross of Jesus saved me. I serve God out of love.
    The wages of sin IS death(Romans 6:23), that's why this earth, all sin, and sinners are going to be burned up.( Rev. 20:9) Hellfire won't burn forever but the results will be everlasting. If the fires burned forever God would fail at His purpose to rid the world of sin(Revelation:21:4,Isaiah 65:17) instead it would be perpetuated.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I don't believe in hell either, other than the one we are currently living in. So considering that I KNOW God loves me unconditionally and there is nothing I can do to make Him love me less, I have to say no. I will always be me, exactly as God made me.

God bless!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:07 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Too many people think they're going to heaven but their actions would suggest otherwise and they have no desire to change. They should be more worried about hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2008