So was St. Valentines Feast day set to coincide with The Feast of Lupercal?

they are the same day if my research is correct.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't really know anything about Lupercal except I think she had something to do with nursing the twins Remus and Romulus ( I could be wrong about this).   St Valentines Feast day is set on Feb 14 because that is the day he died.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I do know that like almost all Christianized holidays many aspects from Valentines day were borrowed from paganism, If you ask me its a lack of creativity and a striving for convenrtion by saying looky here were just as fun. Either way what ever the reason it has failed valentines day has become strictly a commercialized holiday for romance and nothing more. At least as for as the Christianized version is concerned
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• It is possible....many Christian holidays began as pagan holidays...and have kept aspects of both....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes, the Feast of Lupercal is on the same date with Valentine's. And Yes, Valentine's day has become a commercial celebration, an opportunity to buy pink and red heart-shaped objects.

Lovers should celebrate every day by nurturing their relationship and building affection, respect and trust.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2011